Sunday 10 June 2012

Final Group Standings

Sunday 10th June, early start for the final group matches in the Masters section. A really tough match against the unforgiving Israeli player Yakov Shaashua who beat me comfortably 3-1 to take second spot in the round robin stage. 

I finished in 3rd place which gives me a tough the draw in the last 32 being played tomorrow. Unfortunately only four players went through to to group, and it was Marc Choullier from France and local player Vilnus Mainulis from Latvia who failed to make the knockouts.

Daugavpils really came alive last night, with the festivities getting into full swing. Having had a quick walk around on my way back from the venue, it appears tonight is gearing up for something similar, even though the Irish boys and I are on the lookout for a suitable venue to cheer on the boys in green in 'the other' European Championships...



1 comment:

  1. I came to daugavpils because of my gf, It was a PLEASANT SUPRISE TO FInd this tournament. Although personally I am a noob pool player as oposed to a snooker player.


    Whats with all the oversized one piece cue cases?

    ReplyDelete